ROADSIDE RECYCLING BIN
What goes in your recycling bin
You can recycle plastic 1, 2 and 5, glass, metal, and cardboard packaging containers. Only grocery packaging, as well as paper and cardboard from home is recyclable.
Please don't put plastic bags into your roadside recycling bin - they get caught in the sorting machine. Plastic bags and soft plastics can be put in special recycling bins at participating stores. Otherwise put them in your rubbish bin.
- All recyclable items need to be larger than 50mm x 50mm.
- Empty and rinse all recyclables and place them loose in your kerbside recycling bin.
- Take lids off all bottles and containers and place them in your rubbish bin.
- Containers should be no larger than 4-litres
- Include paper, cardboard, and cardboard packaging in your recycling bin.
From February 2024 recycling standardisation changes come into effect. This will align all recycling standards in all councils across New Zealand.
- Only plastics 1, 2 and 5 will be collected.
- Aerosol cans will not be recycled; dispose through your local Transfer Station, metal recycler or in your council roadside rubbish collection.
- Liquid paperboard, milk and juice cartons will not be recycled; dispose through your local Community Recycling Centre, Transfer Station or in your council roadside rubbish collection.
- We cannot recycle anything less than 50mm x 50mm.
- All lids must be removed and are to be disposed of through the council roadside rubbish collection.